Our client is a leading provider of mineral exploration drilling services and drilling products in the world today. They are seeking to recruit a Senior Driller to support their operations.
Main purpose of role:
To recover an accurate core sample as per customer specifications, in a safe cost effective manner, while complying with Company’s operational performance targets, safety initiatives, and company policies and procedures.
Ensuring that adequate duty of care is exercised in all aspects the appointed duties and responsibilities, personal presentation, behaviour, conduct and compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and any site specific rules which may apply within varying mine site operations.
Summary of Duties:
- Deep Reverse Circulation – with high pressure compressors and boosters or Deep Diamond with wedging and directional control or using down hole motors; or
Multiple Drilling Techniques from more than one of the following: Auger, Rotary Air Blast/Air Core, Mud Rotary, Reverse Circulation, Diamond, Sonic and Deep Reverse Circulation – with high pressure compressors and boosters, Deep Diamond – with wedging and directional control or using down hole motors
- Responsible for general condition and obtaining optimum life out of all site equipment and tools, location of the collar of the hole, ensuring correct alignment with front and back sites, offsets, depth and setting of the drill at the correct angle
- Responsible for the training of new drillers in a safe environment
- Coaching driller assistants in safe working procedures and care of equipment
- Previous experience in core or diamond and reverse circulation drilling
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or a minimum of 5+ years of directly related experience
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Certificate III in Drilling as a minimum
- Any other certificates such as working at heights would be an advantage
To apply send CVs to email@example.com